Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting To Know Us

     Hi, I'm Courtney Andrade. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I grew up in Utah. Now I live in California with my husband and the man of my dreams, Jorge. Those are the two most important things in my life. Anything else I have to say that may need back story will be supplemented appropriately.
     Church: Yes, I grew up in Utah. Most of the kids I went to school with were sunbeams with me. I never really had a major question about whether or not I attended the true church. That is not to say I didn't learn for myself. I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the church. I know a lot of people would tag a beautiful and wordy story along with such a bold statement. A defense argument. I have many. I could brag about my story, I could share a meaningful and heartfelt explanation, but I won't. There's no need for fluff now.
     I know God lives. I know Joseph Smith restored the church, and that we have a prophet today who speaks with the Lord. I know this is true.
    Jorge: I love him. I met my husband in seminary. We saw each other at church, but he was just a jerk (He thought I was a bit stuck-up and snotty anyway). Then I started noticing him at school. He wasn't difficult to miss as I would run in to him kissing his girlfriend directly outside of my third period class. One day we were on each others radar, but we would never approach one another. Until the people who had crushes on each of us started saying things. My admirer asked when I was just going to start dating him. His accused him of worshipping the ground I walked on. One day, in the waiting room of the temple I finally had enough courage and was fed up with the stories I was sure he started, I was wrong but it worked out. We had now idea why those people thought what they did but it worked out for my husband and me.
    I can honestly say that dreams come true and so do wishes on shooting stars. One night after work at Pizza Hut, I stopped on the way home at my boyfriends house. (We hadn't established exclusivity but I wasn't interested in anyone else, and if he so much as looked at another girl I'm sure she would have vanished down a cold dark alley in the middle of the night, during one when I have an alibi.) We just were saying "hello," and wishing a good night in person. We had also shared our first kiss already so there was that to do also. I was leaving to go home and we both stopped to look at the stars since there were so many visible at that time. Suddenly there was a shooting star and we both paused to make a silent wish. Now I know you shouldn't share your wish aloud for fear it will not come true but we agreed to share with each other at the same time. "I wished we'd be together forever." I can't say who that quote belongs to for sure. Who spoke first? Who said it louder? Did he finish last? Did I start first? We wished for the same thing; We knew from that pure moment on that our thoughts, goals, everything were aligned. I love him. He loves me. And our dreams and wishes are all coming true.
    That's a little bit about me. The rest will present itself. Following my blog will prove to be interesting, funny, sad, and a few other emotions that you may not be able to fully understand. But that's okay. That is just a sign of awesomeness at it's finest slowly working it's way into your head until one day it evolves into something great. Me.
    And on that note, bed time. Time to relax. Ponder my thoughts (so I don't have to). And get ready for a journey. Now... Hang on to your hats and glasses, cuz this hear's the wildest ride in the wilderness.---I also like Disney stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment